We are officially 36 weeks!!
it just got REAL...I mean really, really REAL!!
we have installed the carseat!!
It was when we did this and I got in my car the next morning that I realized WOW, I'm having a baby and she is going to be sitting in that seat hopefully within 4 weeks!! I rather not go past our due date :) I'm feeling pretty preggers at this point and not sure if I could go much further!!
All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!!!
(yes, I sang that as I typed it)
How in the world I fit all this
I'm still not sure, but it worked!
I did several amounts of intense research aka "googling" :) and I think that I have put together the perfect list. I know we are first timers, but most of this list makes sense to me and I hope that my friends who are preggers get some info they may not have known from this...
Mom checklist for labor and delivery:
• 1 comfortable going home outfit and shoes.
• Hospital gown, pajama set, slippers and a couple pair of socks.
• Nursing cover, Nursing bra, breast pads, nipple cream, sanitary napkins and maternity underwear.
• Bathroom items such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, lotion, hairbrush, soap, lip balm, towels and deodorant.
• Glasses and contact solution
Hospital checklist for daddy:
• Change of comfortable clothes.
• Digital camera and camcorder
• Kindle and charger
• Phone chargers
• Basic bathroom items such as toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, shampoo and towels.
• Infant carseat
• 2 onesies, newborn hat, socks and mittens
• Burp cloth
• 2 receiving blankets
• Going home outfit and jacket if the weather is cold.
• Newborn size diapers, wipes, changing pad and diaper bag.
• Baby bottles, nipples and formula if you are bottlefeeding
• Insurance cards, check book and credit cards
• Memory book (for the nurses to put baby's hand and foot print in)
• Hospital preregistration paperwork, hospital address and phone number.
• Ask for itemized billing
I also included our pink autograph elephant on the list. (see it in pic above) It is super cute and everyone who comes to visit us in hospital or during the first week at home will get to sign it!
We are excited and nervous...
We are going to be on a single income soon and the lyrics from the Beatles keep going through my head
"ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE"
I know we will be overwhelmed with so much love once our baby girl gets here!!