Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 8, 2011

changes, accomplishments and great friends

I did several things to occupy my time this weekend.
First thing I did was rearrange our bedroom
from. . .
to
Bentley must have really loved the change because he would jump on and off the bed and run around in circles, it was very cute and entertaining.

after doing this and cleaning the house, I then headed to my mother-in-laws and made another dress :)
this one was ALL ON MY OWN!!!
a post about it and pics with it on will follow shortly!


We had planned a cookout at Anna's so I made
and yummy cupcakes to go with our homemade ice cream

SOOO YUMMM!!

I got the best recipe for chocolate chip cupcakes from

Recipe:

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup whole milk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


preheat over to 325*F
in a large bowl, using electric mixer on low speed, mix the flour, brown sugar, and baking soda to blend them. add the butter and mix until the butter pieces are the size of peas, about 2 minutes. you will still see some loose flour. stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl as need during mixing. mix in the egg and vanila. the batter will still look dry. mix in the sour cream and milk until batter looks very moistened, mix in the chocolate chips.
fill each cupcake liner with about a generous 1/3 inch from the top of the liner. bake just until the tops feel firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. cool the cupcakes on wire rack

I then did the frosting on my own by mixing evaporated milk with powered sugar...so good...and drizzled it on top of the cooled cupcakes.



We had major delish food at the cookout
Captain Rodney's dip
broccoli salad
hashbrown casserole
slaw
cheeseburgers



girlfriends
i love my friends

1 comment: